How do I report a Safeguarding Concern?

Modified on Mon, 16 Dec 2019 at 01:35 PM

Safeguarding matters/incidents are categorised into four tiers;

Tier 1 – Poor Practice – Club Managed Matters

Tier 2 – Poor Practice – County FA + Club Managed Matters

Tier 3 - Serious Cases – FA Case Management + County FA

Tier 4 – Serious Cases (Including abuse) – FA Case Management + Statutory Services (Police, Local Authority Designated Officer, Children’s Services)

To understand the tiers in more detail, visit - 

There is a procedure for reporting concerns for each threshold; 

Tier 1 - Complete an online form to inform us of the type of matters you are dealing with - CLICK HERE 

Tier 2 - Complete an online form to inform us of any incident that you require the support of the West Riding FA - CLICK HERE

Tier 3 + 4 - If the case involves a child who may be at risk of harm or abuse, the referral must be made via email to 

If you are still unsure how to report a Safeguarding concern, please contact us on 011 32821222 option 5 or email 

Further details relating to safeguarding thresholds and reporting procedures can be found on our website - WELFARE ZONE

If you need to refer a matter to us outside of office hours, please refer to our website for guidance -  OUT OF HOURS

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article